So you’re a writer. Now what? Is it enough to just sit down and write? Join Kathi, Michele and Harvest House’s senior editor Kathleen Kerr, as they discuss the ins and outs of writer’s responsibilities.
“Reading and writing are just two halves of one conversation,” Kathleen says. “You need to learn the rules of both disciplines.”
Listen in to today’s podcast for tips on what you should be doing to hone your craft as a writer and check out the links below to find the books suggested by Kathi, Michele and Kathleen.
- The Memoir Project: A Thoroughly Non-Standardized Text for Writing & Life by Marion Roach Smith
- The Art of Memoir by Mary Carr
- Fondling Your Muse: Infallible Advice From a Published Author to the Writerly Aspirant by John Warner
- How Not to Write a Novel: 200 Classic Mistakes and How to Avoid Them-A Misstep-by-Misstep Guide by Howard Mittelmark and Sandra Newman
- Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Ann Lamott
- On Writing by Stephen King
- Making a Literary Life: Advice for Writers and Other Dreamers by Carolyn See
- Story: Substance, Structure, Style and the Principles of Screenwriting by Robert McKee
Meet Our Guest
Meet Your Hosts
Author, Speaker, Communicator Academy Creator and CEO
Author, Speaker, Mastermind Coach