Kathi and Michele are together at The Red House with Susy Flory. In this second part, Kathi, Michele, and Susy continue the discussion about six more memoirs that have impacted their writings.
Explore how heroes and villains, mentors, and stunt memoirs can influence your experience as a writer.
In today’s episode, you will know:
- The power of letting the readers see what you admire about the instigators of the story.
- How honesty about your own flaws and what it looks like in everyday life is important in telling the hard truth in your writing.
- How the animal memoir is not just about the animal.
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes or subscribe to our list now and never miss an episode or blog.
Meet Our Guest
Speaker and New York Time Best Seller
Susy Flory is the New York Times bestselling author or co-author of eleven books. Her newest book, out in 2017, is an astronaut memoir with the only man ever to fly in space and climb Mount Everest. Susy directs the West Coast Christian Writers Conference, in the San Francisco Bay Area. You can find out more about Susy at www.susyflory.com.
Meet Your Hosts
Author, Speaker, Communicator Academy Creator and CEO
Author, Speaker, Mastermind Coach