Kathi is joined by best-selling author, Robin Gunn at the West Coast Christian Writer’s conference. Robin shares how to create a memorable character.
Fiction can help you even in your non-fiction writing. As you will learn from Robin, you need friction for fiction. What can non-fiction writers learn from fiction writing? Tune in as Kathi and Robin share tips to improve your fiction and non-fiction writing.
Check out Newport Beach video from Robin Gunn here!
In today’s episode, you will know:
- Three steps to create a memorable character.
- How reading fiction can help non-fiction writers.
- What it means to have a “location” as a character.
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
- Join our Facebook Group for continued conversation
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes or subscribe to our list now and never miss an episode or blog.
To find out more about our upcoming Writing at the Red House Retreats available click here.
Meet Our Guest
Robin Jones Gunn is the bestselling, Christy Award winning author of nearly 100 books with over 5.5 million copies sold worldwide.
Best known for her Christy Miller novels for teens and the Christy Award winning Glenbrooke and Sisterchicks® series, Robin’s non-fiction titles include Praying for Your Future Husband, co-authored with Tricia Goyer and Spoken For, co-authored with Alyssa Bethke.
Hallmark created three movies from her Father Christmas novellas, which broke a record for the network by being the season’s highest rated and most watched original movies.
Robin’s love for storytelling and training writers has taken her around the world. She has served on the Board of Media Associates International and has been a keynote speaker in Africa, Brazil, Europe and Australia as well as Canada and throughout the US.
Many readers who grew up with Robin’s books have written to tell her how the memorable characters in her stories have mentored and influenced them over the years. Robin and her husband have two grown and married children and live in Hawaii.
Meet Your Hosts
Author, Speaker, Communicator Academy Creator and CEO
Author, Speaker, Mastermind Coach