Today we are finishing our super fun series about how to work with an editor. Kathi Lipp and her two experts, Mick Silva and Lyneta Smith are wrapping up the series today with the inside scoop on how to get noticed by an acquisitions editor. The series started with how to find the right editor for you, followed by what kind of editor do you need, and how much does an editor cost. In this episode about getting noticed by an acquisitions editor you will hear Mick and Lynetta’s best piece of advice and you will learn:
- What are acquisitions editors looking for when they take on a book
- What makes it a compelling yes
- What are the three Cs editors are looking for
- How does a proposal set you up for success
- What are acquisition editors’ pet peaves
Links and Resources:
Link for sponsorship ads for Writing at the Red House Partnership:
Giveaway: For a chance to win a copy of Lyneta Smith’s book Curtain Call, answer this question in the comments below: What has been your biggest takeaway about the whole editing and publishing process through this series?
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes or subscribe to our list now and never miss an episode or blog.
Don’t miss next week’s episode to learn about acquisitions and the actual process of getting published.
Meet Your Hosts
Author, Speaker, Communicator Academy Creator and CEO
Transcript of this Episode